In episode 6, Andy Mant and I talk in-depth about light and how it affects your health.
Some aspects you may never have considered that could be affecting your health.
– How light affects our daily rhythms and hormones and what to do about it.
– How light affects our behavior and susceptibility to ill health.
– How to improve your health with an individual light prescription.
– Simple ways to make huge changes in your light environment.
– Sunscreen and vitamin D
– The light receptors in your skin.
– Mitochondrial diseases
– Lastly, we look at why I love BLUblox and the amazing ethics and integrity of the company.
Andy Mant is the founder and CEO of BLUblox, a company specializing in evidence-based advanced light-filtering eyewear. Andy started BLUblox after becoming dissatisfied with the quality and standards of blue light blocking glasses available and so set about to design lenses that match the evidence in the academic literature. Andy forged a passion and niche in how light can impact the human biological system. Today Andy is a leading figure in how light can affect our health and wellbeing. Through BLUblox, he and his team have developed scientifically-backed advanced light-filtering eyewear, that is not being mass-produced from a factory in China, but rather their bespoke lenses are manufactured and fitted in Australia, BLUblox is a brand that truly believes in giving. Through their not-for-profit partnership with Restoring vision, they are helping give the gift of sight to those in need with their buy one donate one glasses campaign.
If you would like to purchase a pair of BLUbox glasses you can use the code REVITALHEALTH for 20% off.
I hope you enjoy this and learn as much as I did from our conversation.