How to get your optimal fitness in only 9 mins, 2-3 x a week with CEO and Founder of CAR.O.L, Ratna Singh.
Ratna and I chat in todays episode:
– How AI technology and science is changing and challenging our idea of fitness.
– How CAR.O.L is much more than just a piece of equipment. Your exercise physiologist, personal trainer and mind trainer all in one.
– Minimum effective dose of exercise.
– Fatloss, cardio fitness
– Evolutionary perspective of fitness
– Glycogen stores depletion
– AMPK activation
– PGC1 alpha activation
– How AI is utilized in the bike’s technology? How it personalizes each workout?
– How can a shorter workout be effective? Can you still getting an effective workout if you aren’t sweating?
Ratna created the concept of CAR.O.L in response to the inactivity epidemic she observed while running chronic disease management programs. Ratna was looking for a way to deliver shorter, effective workouts and came across the work of Dr. Niels Vollard and found that two 20-second all-out sprints, bracketed by easy spinning, resulted in the same response as a much longer exercise regimen. Ratna and her team worked together to take this innovative tech out of the lab and into the home. Now, CAR.O.L is used by both world-class athletes and fitness beginners.
Prior to founding CAR.O.L, Ratna successfully sold her first startup to Safeway US, served as the first Entrepreneur-in-Residence at McKinsey & Company and co-founded health consultancy firm IHP, which later sold to PwC. Ratna holds a MBA from CASS Business School, as well as a degree in microbiology from Kings College in London.